To Test Android Application “BluetoothChat” that is provided on
we cannot use Android Emulator as it does not support Bluetooth.
Instead using Android Emulator I used Froyo OS, as it supports Bluetooth in Virtual Machine.
1. install VM VirtualBox in Ubuntu.
2. install the image from http://www.android-x86.org/ into a virtual machine,
3. find out it’s IP address, connect manually using adb connect
4. adb connect 192.168.1.5 // To Connect with VM, replace 192.168.1.5 with your VM IP.
5. Now click here to download changed “BluetoothChat” Project with required packages.
6. Run eclipse and import “BluetoothChat” project.
7. Launch your project from Eclipse from Run configuration.
8. From Android running device choose your target device VM.
You have done.
1. Changes were made to remove Insecure RFCOMM and ActionBar from the project.
As APIs for Creating Insecure RFCOMM is available only from API Level 10 (Android 2.3.3) and
ActionBar API is available only from Android 3.0 or API Level 11.
2. After downloading BluetoothChat.zip.doc file remove .doc extension, to get zip file.